Friday, August 8, 2014

Are you getting the best deal from your service providers who maintain your yard, pool, pest control and cleaning?

How much should you be paying?

We all did the leg work once, when we researched, interviewed and hired our service providers, but when was that?  How do you know you are getting the best bang for your buck? Taking a moment to review each service and the cost, not only ensures that you are getting the best deal, it lets your providers know that they need to be competitive to retain your business.  

Talk to friends and neighbors, to see if they would happily recommend whomever is working for them.  Call the competition to get quotes.  You have the option to go back to your vendor and ask them to improve their price and/or include additional services.  Its not a personal thing, it’s business. If you can reduce your monthly yard service charges, you have the option to spend the savings upgrading your plantings.  Your landscaper still gets your money, but you get more for it!

With your pest control service, are you getting a discount for paying for your annual contract up front? Why not? Better your money in your bank than theirs.  Compare how often they visit and if they charge for additional calls between scheduled maintenance to deal with a problem.



Hire a service and keep your sanity?

How about the housework?  Compare the cost of a cleaning service (who provide all their own cleaning products) to a single housekeeper.  Often times a service is more flexible if you need to change your cleaning day.  


When I had four children at home all the time, I really appreciated weekly help with all the cleaning and laundry, in fact I couldn't have done it on my own.  I told my husband, it made me a better mum. If I had had to clean the house from top to bottom to see it messed up within 15 minutes of the kids getting home from school, we would of had less harmony in our home and more yelling!  I needed someone who could spend the day at my house, so between us, we could get through all the laundry cleaning, organizing and ironing.  


As our children grow, so our needs changed.  I no longer have to change five beds and five sets of towels, only one, so I no longer have a housekeeper, but if I did I would be on a bi weekly schedule for sure.  I would also consider a cleaning service now, because they send two or three people and they are in and out in a couple of hours tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment