Many of us now have our photos in albums on our computers, smart phones and other devices. While they do not take up any space physically, they still need organizing to make retrieval easier.
This is a fun organizing job, and unlike organizing printed photographs, if you run out of time you don't have a huge mess to clean up. Just make a note of where you are up to.
- Set aside some time in front of your computer screen.
- Create folders on your computer with meaningful labels. It could be a Month, Location or Event.
- Go through your pictures and edit them. Delete blurred or bad photos. Crop and remove red eye. Add descriptions and locations, if you can remember them.
- Move edited photos into your new folders.
- Transfer the folders onto a flash drive for safekeeping and to free up space on your computer or device.
- Using online services, like Shutterfly or Snapfish, create albums and brag books for family and friends. They make great gifts. Check Groupon and Social Living for coupons for these sites.
- Order actual prints of your favorite pictures to update the photo frames in your home. Try the different color options available for a change.
Not Sure Who to Order From?
Check out this great website that shows comparisons for many sites that offer online services.